BARBERSHOP HARMONY SOCIETY CODE OF ETHICS
The Society aspires to preserve for its members and for all future generations of prospective members the sacred right of men to seek haven from the burden of their daily cares through indulgence in old-fashioned vocal quartet harmony, and to that end we do hereby solemnly pledge ourselves to abide by the precepts of the Code of Ethics.
1. We shall do everything in our power to perpetuate the Society.
2. We shall deport ourselves and conduct the Society's functions in such manner as to reflect credit upon the Society and its membership.
3. We shall conform in all respects to the bylaws of the Society and the rules from time to time promulgated by its Society Board of Directors.
4. We shall accept for membership only congenial men of good character who love harmony in music or have a desire to harmonize.
5. We shall exhibit a spirit of good fellowship toward all members.
6. We shall refrain from forcing our songs upon unsympathetic ears.
7. We shall not use our membership in the Society for personal gain.
8. We shall not permit the introduction of political, religious or other similar controversial issues into the affairs of the Society.
9. We shall, by our stimulus to good music and vocal harmony, endeavor to spread the spirit of harmony throughout the world.
10. We shall render all possible altruistic service through the medium of barbershop harmony.