"We are men of good will who enjoy singing and entertaining in quartets and as a chorus with quality barbershop music. We are willing to make a commitment to each other and to our program." (HHT Mission Statement)
Hometown Harmony Tradition (HHT), a Barbershop Harmony Society chorus (formerly the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America) of the Land O' Lakes Region, and based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, is under the direction of Brad Charles. Founded in 1970, HHT is currently comprised of twenty-five men from five Wisconsin counties. HHT performs a variety of music including spiritual, patriotic, comedy and show tunes along with traditional barbershop songs, a unique American music genre. Hometown Harmony Tradition exists to enrich lives through singing.
Hometown Harmony Tradition is available to sing for parties, patriotic celebrations, picnics, community events, church services, and the like. In addition to the chorus, HHT currently has a Barbershop Harmony Society registered quartet, "Vaguely Familiar"
Hometown Harmony Tradition is a member of the Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce, the Plymouth Chamber of Commerce and the Sheboygan Performing Arts. What we do:
- Provide music for various occasions including parties, fund raisers, picnics, celebrations, anniversaries, retirements, etc...
- Provide music for church services.
- Perform in an annual scripted show in April with costumes, stage settings, and a top quality guest quartet.
- Provides the famed "Tannenbaum Express", in December, which performs Christmas carols at area nursing homes and local businesses.
- Enter chorus competition to continually improve singing and presentation.
- Provide "Singing Valentines" in quartets in February.
- Provide several package shows as requested, including summer performances at Siebkens Resort in Elkhart Lake and at the Kiel park with our brother barbershoppers from the Manitowoc chapter, the Clipper City Chordsman.